Friday, January 20, 2012

Salad Days

This divine Melbourne heat is the perfect time to eat fresh food in its most natural state, raw and preferably organic, but that doesn't mean boring.  Fresh raw foods provide your body with an optimal opportunity to absorb and utilise the vitamins, minerals and enzymes within the food.  If this is not enough they taste amazing too.
I am known in many circles as the Salad Queen I could live on them.. I virtually do most of the year, so for me salads need to be everything, satisfying, full of texture, appealing to the eye and most of all nutritious... Without further adieu allow me to give you just a taste of the 3 summer favourites at the moment.



Vegan Vietnamese Salad- inspired by food from a market stall food vendor I had here in Melbourne, I had to recreate it.  It's divine and full of amazing flavours.
Tomato Salad- if you have access to heirloom tomatoes , use these.

Fattoush Salad- this salad makes use of summer's amazing bounty with the addition of optional wholemeal pitta bread for texture.

For more super salad ideas, check out the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment